Jun 3, 2014

5 Questions For: Stefano Seletti



Stefano Seletti shows off his playful side.  

Name: Stefano Seletti
Title: Founder
Company: Seletti

Which of your designs are you most excited about right now and why?
The Export pieces because I like to work with this young Italian designer, Marcantonio Raimondi Malerba. He's more like an artist. He made the inside of these pieces where you see a lot of imperfection, and each piece is different than the other. He likes to use the raw material and then add fine detail to that inexpensive material.

Tell us three words that embody your design philosophy.
Democratic, easy, fun.

What's your favorite place in New York?
I like the East Village. I have an apartment there.

Who or what are you inspired by right now?
 From my daughters (6 and 10 years old) and my nephews (14 and 16 years old). When I have a new product I show it to all of them and they all have something different to add.

What do you think of the color gray?
You see the carpet you see the walls [of the booth]?—it's the perfect color for the background of these pieces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment