Dec 5, 2014

5 Questions For: Jamie Banfield, Jamie Banfield Design


Name: Jamie Banfield
Title: Principal designer of Jamie Banfield Design, Creative Direct of The BANFIELD and co-fonder of Paul Kristjan Creations


Which of your designs or projects are you most excited about right now and why?
The great thing about what I do is that I get to work on so many incredible design projects with some amazing people. Right now I am most excited about my new custom cabinet line, The BANFIELD Collection, which launched this fall.

This new venture is in collaboration with Troico Manufacturing. Together, we wanted to create a collection of high-end cabinets that blend modern design with cutting-edge technology. Inspired by the natural beauty of Western Canada, The BANFIELD offers a number of mix and match options, providing the ultimate in customization.

Tell us three words that embody your design philosophy.
Sustainable, Contemporary, West Coast.
  
What's your favorite place in the Pacific Northwest and why? 
It is so easy to find inspiration in the many stunning areas throughout the Pacific Northwest. Living in BC though, it’s hard not to appreciate all it has to offer. One place that I am particularly fond of is the Sunshine Coast. This quaint coastal town with its amazing views of the Pacific Ocean and friendly people is one of my favorite places to be. So much so, that I got married there a few years back.  

Who or what are you inspired by right now?
Nature, natural elements, and texture offer me the most inspiration. Sustainable design is also a passion for me and I always try to incorporate locally sourced reclaimed materials into every design that I do.

What do you think of the color gray?

Gray is certainly on trend at the moment and one of those neutral colors that looks stunning, if used correctly. It can make a space feel calm, relaxing, and sophisticated if the right hue is selected. There are so many different undertones and it is important to consider the light sources and surroundings of a space, so that you get the overall look that you are trying to achieve.

Image courtesy of Jamie Banfield. 

No comments:

Post a Comment