Nov 2, 2011

DIY Nautical Rope Mirror


The rope trend has been making its rounds recently, from rope bowls to rope-knot doorstops to rope wall art. But in this trend more than others, I think: isn't that something you could do yourself? Well, GRAY readers, my mom did.


After designing and building a new house on the South Sound this year, my parents are faced with a shrinking budget and simultaneous need for furnishings. The result is DIY creativity that is better than what you can buy (in a humble daughter's opinion).

My mom wanted a nautical-inspired mirror, so she took an old, generic wood-frame mirror that she didn't know what to do with, bought some rope and wood glue, and made a rope mirror. My dad curved off the edges. And I have to say, I am quite proud and inspired! What say you, readers?


No comments:

Post a Comment